I enjoy solving exciting computer security problems of deep learning and cloud computing.
I am currently working under the supervision of
Prof. Tudor Dumitraș
Before moving to Maryland, I received my B.S. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
from Seoul National University
in Feb. 2015.
During my undergraduate years, I carried out several projects with
LG Electronics Inc. (LGE)
as a lead researcher.
Also, I founded Openwise Inc. (in South Korea), a start-up company where I conducted and supervised research projects
carried out with Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (SEC)
as a Chief Technology Officer.
CV [updated in Aug. 2018] |
Google Scholar |
Computer Security & Privacy, Adversarial Machine Learning, Cloud Security Deep Learning
- Peek-a-Boo: Inferring Program Behaviors in a Virtualized Infrastructure without Introspections.
Sanghyun Hong, Alina Nicolae, Abhinav Srivastava, and Tudor Dumitraș.
In Computer & Security. 2018.
- Go Serverless: Securing Cloud via Serverless Design Patterns.
Sanghyun Hong, Abhinav Srivastava, William Shambrook, and Tudor Dumitraș.
In the 2018 USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Cloud Computing (HotCloud 18). July 2018.
- PAGE: Answering Graph Pattern Queries via Knowledge Graph Embedding.
Sanghyun Hong, Noseong Park, Tanmoy Chakraborty, Hyunjoong Kang, Soonhyun Kwon.
In International Conference on Big Data. June 2018.
- On Integrating Knowledge Graph Embedding into SPARQL Query Processing.
Soonhyun Kwon Hyunjoong Kang, Sanghyun Hong, Kookjin Lee, Noseong Park.
In the International Conference on Web Services. June 2018.
[Work in Progress Papers]
- SENA: Preserving Social Structure for Network Embedding.
Sanghyun Hong, Tanmoy Chakraborty, Sungjin Ahn, Ghaith Husari, Noseong Park.
In the 28th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media. July 2017.
- Summoning Demons: The Pursuit of Exploitable Bugs in Machine Learning.
Rock Stevens, Octavian Suciu, Andrew Ruef, Sanghyun Hong, Michael Hicks, Tudor Dumitraş.
In the 2016 NIPS Workshop on Reliable Machine Learning in the Wild (NIPS 16). December 2016.
- 2018: 1st/3rd Place at Research Competition for Korean Graduate Students
- 2017: KSEA-KUSCO Scholarships for Korean Graduate Students in the United States
- 2016: Summer Research Fellowship from the Department of Computer Science at UMD
- 2015: 2-year Dean's Fellowship from UMD for outstanding academic achievement
- 2015: Full 2-year Graduate Teaching Assistantship from UMD for academic excellence
- 2010: Full 1-year scholarship from KEPCO for academic excellence
- 2007: Full 4-year scholarship from KOFAC for academic excellence
By Sanghyun Hong: 2018-Present